There are intriguing myths and folklore associated with aromatherapy and essential oils
Essential oils—the fragrant, concentrated liquids extracted from the flowers, leaves, roots, bark, and fruit of an aromatic plant—are the main ingredients in aromatherapy treatments.
There are many, many essential oils ranging from spices and herbs to fruit extracts and florals. Each oil has a unique scent and properties that can be applied to many different conditions. Here are some popular essential oils and the common uses and benefits for them:
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is purifying and invigorating and is often used in topical preparations.
- Ginger: Ginger can be used to stimulate the appetite.
- Juniper Berry: The restoring and supporting benefits come from the berry of the juniper tree.
- Lavender: Used in baths, sprays, lotions, oils and more, lavender promotes a calm and relaxed feeling.
- Lemon: Lemon is a refreshing and cheering oil that should be heavily diluted if you plan on applying to the skin.
- Peppermint: Refreshing and cooling peppermint can invigorate you with its powerful minty aroma.
- Rosemary: This clarifying scent is often used in household sprays, soaps and shampoos.
- Spearmint: This refreshing and cooling essential oil can help refresh your skin if you add a few drops to your bathwater.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree oil can support immune system health.
- Ylang Ylang: The ylang-ylang plant was originally cultivated in the Philippines, but it soon made its way around the world because of its distinctive scent and beautiful appearance. This essential oil is used to relax both the mind and body.
- Orange: Promotes healthy moods and overall wellness
You can order Essential oils at MyMedicineBox enjoy great discounts and Free Home Delivery in Mumbai.